Residents enjoy a high quality of life in Deerfield Beach, FL with access to an array of shops, restaurants, parks, and recreational facilities. Homebuyers are attracted to the city because of prime real estate, good schools, and efficient public transport.
Festivals, fundraisers, and little league games bring the community together and provide countless opportunities to meet new people.
The city falls within the boundaries of Broward County Public Schools (BCPS), the second-largest school district in Florida and the sixth-largest in the United States with over 261,000 students.
Schools in and around Deerfield Beach include:
- Deerfield Beach Elementary School
- Deerfield Park Elementary School
- Quiet Waters Elementary School
- Deerfield Beach Middle School
- Deerfield Beach High School
- Somerset Academy Key Middle School/High School
Residents have access to efficient and safe public transport via community bus service plying the Express I and II routes, which pass through the following locations in the city:
- Focal Point
- Palm Apartments
- B’Nai Brith Apartments
- Praxis Apartments
- Highlands Gardens
- Broward Health North
- Rivertown Square Winn-Dixie
- Super Target at Hillsboro Boulevard and US1
- Hillsboro Square Publix
- Cove Shopping Center
- Palm Trail Plaza Neighborhood Walmart
- Sawgrass Promenade Publix
- Ross Retail
- Deerfield Mall
- Century Plaza
All buses plying these routes are air-conditioned and wheelchair-accessible. Community buses also have bike racks for loading and unloading your bicycle.
Click here for more information on bus routes in Deerfield Beach.
Deerfield Beach residents enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that revolves around outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, swimming, and water sports. There’s also a vibrant food and wine scene in the city, with an excellent selection of cafés, bars, and restaurants offering various cuisines and drinks.
The Deerfield Beach Wine and Food Festival gathers some of the finest food and wine producers in Broward County in one place. The festivities include wine tastings, cooking demos, food exhibits, and more.
But more than anything, Deerfield Beach is a community-centered city that values environmental awareness, habitat conservation, and sustainability.
As already mentioned, Deerfield Beach is a certified Blue Wave beach, a recognition given for exemplary water quality, cleanliness, safety, and habitat conservation. Enjoy an exciting match of sand volleyball, ride the waves, swim in the water, and keep an eye out for sea turtles. The beach is also a popular wedding destination because of its gorgeous views and unforgettable sunsets.
Parks and recreation
Residents have access to many clean and well-maintained green spaces throughout the city, including:
- Deerfield Beach Arboretum at Constitution Park – The local “Tree Zoo” features over 200 trees from around the world, including various native, tropical, and bamboo species.
- Deerfield International Fishing Pier – Here you’ll find a wooden boardwalk and fishing pier stretching 920 feet alongside the ocean. It’s one of the best fishing spots in Deerfield Beach with stunning views and shops selling snacks and beverages.
- Quiet Waters Park – Highlights include the Splash Adventure Water Park, Woofing Waters Dog Park & Marina, Teepee Campground, Ski Rixen cable water-skiing, and mountain biking along seven miles of trails.
The restaurant scene is quite eclectic, with an exciting mix of casual dining, fine dining, and mom-and-pop restaurants scattered throughout the city. Diners are spoilt for choice when it comes to New American, Mexican, Italian, Spanish, Cuban, Chinese, and Tex-Mex cuisine.
Because of the city’s enviable oceanfront location, there are many restaurants offering fresh seafood – have your fill of crab cakes, clam chowder, fish tacos, salmon sandwich, fish and chips, and more.
Restaurants along the pier offer waterfront dining with stunning views of Deerfield Beach and the Atlantic.
Shop your favorite brands and hunt for incredible bargains at these retail hotspots:
- Sawgrass Promenade
- Deerfield Mall
- The Cove Shopping Center
You’ll also find fresh produce, fresh baked goods, home-cooked meals, and more at the Deerfield Beach Mini Farmer’s Market every Saturday from May to June on Hillsboro Boulevard.
The Deerfield Beach Green Market takes place on Sundays at The Cove Shopping Center. This open air market offers an array of organic and locally sourced goods.
Deerfield Beach Festival of the Arts – The city celebrates the valuable contributions of local, national, and international artists through exhibits and live music with this highly anticipated festival.
- Deerfield Beach’s Country Music Festival – This festival traditionally takes place in August with live performances from local and national musicians right on the beachfront.
- Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa – The luxury resort offers elegantly appointed suites, on-site dining, and skin and massage treatments to make you feel rejuvenated.
- Deer Creek Golf Club – Enjoy an exhilarating match of golf and meet other residents who share your passion for the sport at this golf club, where PGA pros offer lessons to help you up your game.
- Florida Renaissance Festival – Learn about art and history at this festival, which brings period costumes and themed sets from the 16th century to modern-day Deerfield Beach courtesy of artists, performers, and vendors.
- Historic Butler House Museum – Built in 1925, the Butler House was home to Jack and Alice Butler, once the largest landowners-farmers in Deerfield Beach. Highlights include antique furnishings, Kester Cottage, and a 100-year old Banyan tree on the property.
- Ski Rixen USA – Enjoy water skiing, knee boarding, and wakeboarding at Quiet Waters Park, where you’ll find the longest cable course in the United States as well as one of the first cable ski resorts in the country.
- South Florida Railway Museum – Housed in the historic Deerfield Seaboard Air Line Railway Station, the museum harbors a vast collection of antique and vintage railroad equipment as well as several model trains.
Somerset & Main shows you everything that the condo market has to offer. From exclusive listings to insider information on Deerfield Beach’s most in-demand condo buildings, our job is to help you find a home where you can savor each moment under the Florida sun.
Principal Broker Theresa Marrocco can help you make the transition. As an agent and Certified Relocation Specialist, she will help you stay on top of logistics, paperwork, and other concerns. Integrity is everything. That’s why Theresa offers superior service and professional guidance every step of the way.
You can reach Somerset & Main here. You can also contact Theresa at 954.247.1907 and Theresa@SomersetAndMain.com to start the home search.
Feel free to inquire about request virtual tours, live walkthroughs, and remote closings (for out-of-state buyers).